Sentinel Hotel is one of the luxurious hotels located in Downtown Portland, that is full of premium amenities and restrooms. It is like heaven for travelers, giving them the opportunity to enjoy the great facilities and the architecture of the hotel.
The hotel is named after the sentinel statues embellished on its roof. The Sentinel hotel consists of two historic buildings that are at the peak of beauty, one is the Elk Lodges and the other one was the boutique hotel designed by one of the eminent architectures of that time.
The Sentinel Hotel is adorned with unique styling, beautiful architecture, and a stained glass ceiling that makes it breathtakingly an amazing piece of craft. The building gives you a modern vibe although it has some historic touches that delight its visitors.
This is a six-story building having 100 rooms, each of them is airy and air-conditioned, a cocktail room, dining room, and the halls to host events and parties.
Let’s further know about the hotel’s specifications:
Is Sentinel Hotel pet Friendly?
The Sentinel Hotel welcomes two pets and provides them with all the facilities while charging $45 per stay. According to their pet-friendly policy, pets are treated very nicely, and the hotel makes sure to assign you a pet-friendly room so that you can enjoy your pet company at the same time.
The hotel provides treats, bowls, food, bed, and all the pet services to your pet at a very reasonable price. Isn’t it amazing?
Sentinel Hotel Portland Review
Here I will share some of the reviews of the visitors of Sentinel Hotel that will hopefully help you a lot:
- “Very nice hotel. Enjoyed the room, the service, and the restaurant. Lots of beautiful dark wood. Clean. Good food. Large room. The staff was helpful with navigation. Elevator was quick between floors. Near restaurants and bars”
- “We stayed for 3 nights at the Sentinel and enjoyed every minute of it. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the front desk, and our bags were brought up to our rooms. The lobby is beautiful and meticulously kept – everyone with who we interacted was friendly, helpful, and accommodating to whatever we needed. Our room had everything we needed – the bed was very comfy! It was very quiet and didn’t hear any noise from other occupants next door or below us. We look forward to our return visit to the Sentinel then next time we are in Portland.”
- “I don’t review hotels often, but I was so impressed with Sentinel Hotel, I felt compelled to write one. First, it is important to note that I stayed there when Oregon was operating under limitations due to the pandemic. Also, the two days I was there were the hottest days in Oregon’s history. The heatwave shut down a lot of businesses those two days, and travelers and locals alike were staying at the hotel. However, the staff at Sentinel did an incredible job making their customers feel comfortable under unusual circumstances. The valet guys were awesome and hustled in the heat to get my car multiple times. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. Jesse was especially helpful and good-natured. The hotel is beautiful, and the rooms are so pretty, comfortable, and relaxing. Great location. Had a great night’s sleep. Jack’s Grill was great to grab a quick glass of wine. Stay here.”
- “This is one of my favorite places to stay in Portland. Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, and a fantastic location. Walking distance to plenty of great restaurants and bars. Would highly recommend”
Sentinel Hotel Parking
The Sentinel Hotel provides parking to its visitors by charging only $45 for each vehicle per day. You are permitted to take in and take out your vehicles as many times as you want.
But it’s not always easy to find a place to park your car, it sometimes gets challenging. People face issues regarding the Valet. It is advisable to inform the management night before you have to leave the hotel, so they could make sure that your car is waiting for you on the drive.
Sentinel Hotel Wedding Cost
Arranging a wedding at the Sentinel Hotel is worth every penny. Jake’s Catering brings a modern yet traditional touch to your wedding.
Whether it’s an intimate wedding or a huge party wedding, the sentinel Hotel does every single thing to make your wedding day memorable. The interior of the wedding halls is worth watching and mesmerizing. Towered vintage style ceiling the vintage chandeliers, painting, and architecture add renaissance feelings.
Governor Ballroom and Grand Ballroom both are the epitomai of beauty that anyone can imagine for its big day. Every single corner of the hall is picture-perfect. You get world-class service from Jake’s Catering. Have a look further at all the amenities provided by the hotel:
- Handicap Accessible
- Indoor Event Space
- Liability Insurance
- On-Site Accommodation
- Reception Area
- Dressing Room
- Outdoor – Covered
- Outdoor – Not Covered
- Wireless Internet
The estimated cost of an indoor wedding in Sentinel Hotel for 100 guests is $12,260 which includes a buffet menu, soft drinks, and juices. You can also visit their website to know all the details about the venue and menu prices.
Service and Facilities
Sentinel Hotel is known for providing world-class services and facilities to its visitors. We have prepared a list of the services and facilities, have a look at it:
- Guest Services
- Babysitting/Child Care
- Concierge/Club Floor
- Concierge Services
- Laundry/Dry Cleaning Service
- Multi-lingual Staff
- Paid Onsite Parking
- Room Service
- Wheelchair Access to Common/Public Areas
- Common Area Internet Access (Wireless)
- Electronic Key/Lock
- Parking Area Well Lit
- Smoke Alarm in Rooms
- Sprinkler in Rooms
- Valet Parking Service
Pros and Cons of Sentinel Hotel
- The architecture of the Hotel is mesmerizing
- ll the room is air-conditioned
- Event Halls are picture-perfect
- The hotel has modern yet historic touches
- Jake’s Catering is amazing
- There are some hidden charges included.
- The hotel is a bit pricey for the services they deliver.
- Bathroom sizes are small
- 614 SW 11th Ave
- Portland, OR 97205
- Phone: +1 503-224-3400
- Fax: +1 503-241-2122
- Toll Free: +877-239-0882
The sentinel Hotel is the epitome of beauty, having both a modern and traditional look. The high roof ceilings and the paintings remind us of the renaissance period.
Jake’s catering service is world-class and adds more magic and delight to your wedding. There is a vast list of menu dishes, you can select according to your choice. All the corners of the halls are picture-perfect to make your day memorable.
However, there are some cons, you can check the reviews to see if it suits you or not.